Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Finding the Sacred in the Secular/ In the Sun

I reaaaaaaally need to start posting more frequently. Lately I have been seeing God working through so many people and in so many things. It could be something so simple as the beautiful weather, a few friends trying to check up and make sure that I'm okay or something like that. The two things that I really see God through are music and small interactions between people. I call this "Finding the Sacred in the Secular" because first off, I feel that God uses anything around us to speak to us. In my case, it's some of the secular music I've been listening to. I'm going to link the song at the end of the post so you guys can listen to it if you want, but I promise you it has nothing to do with the fact that the song has the word God in it. I just find it very easy to relate to, and through that relation God uses it to speak to us and convict us of great things.

The other thing that I see God in, is through small gestures that one would really not think twice about. But if you're open minded to these things and constantly try to listen for anything He has to say, you can get extremely blessed. In my case, an example I've been wanting to write about but got the chance to, took place two weeks ago at the Hillsong United concert. After the concert (which was amazing! :D ), the usual taking pictures with friends commenced. While I was taking pictures with friends, I heard someone scream my name and then I saw a body flying in my direction. I caught the person and struggled to hold onto my camera, and realized that the girl I had in my arms was from my home church. She's currently in high school, but when I was in high school and she was in middle school, she loved to do random things like jump into me, or onto my back and stuff like that. It was great to see her and a bunch of the little kids I know that have grown up soooooo much. But the thing that amazed me was that this little girl who I haven't seen in a long time, still had the faith to completely jump into me knowing that I'd catch her.

A few of you probably see where this is going but I'm going to continue my thought anyway. I honestly wish for that kind of childlike faith. To simply be in amazement of God and jump anywhere for Him, knowing that He will catch me. It's such an exciting thought. I desire for that kind of faith again! :)

Laugh all you want at me for over thinking about these things, but to be honest, if you try it, you might be surprised how God can bless you and speak into your life! :D







No comments:

Post a Comment